Tuesday 21 April 2015

Exam Question

Throughout the foundation and A2 portfolio a lot of digital technology was used to aid the process. My creative skills have developed from AS to A2 in multiple ways, from looking at intertextuality, style, simulation and consumerism.

In AS the use of digital technology was very simple. I used Final Cut Pro to put together our music video clips, this was simple and easy to use. I used basic colour correction in final cut to make the video clips look darker and then added the soundtrack over the video to complete the opening sequence. I also used final cut to make titles that disappeared behind the person when they walked across the screen. In comparison to A2 we were a lot more flexible in how we edited, more style was needed to sell our product. I used beat editing and lip syncing as this is what a typical music video included, this was a challenge but allowed us to learn how to precisely edit. This allowed my coursework to progress and in comparison to my AS my A2 coursework has become more complex and of a higher quality.

In research and planning I looked at other existing opening sequences cresting storyboards of a range of ideas. In A2 we had guidelines to follow which restricted us, we recycled and used a bricolage of existing ideas to make our own music video as we knew these ideas would sell. In A2 we had more freedom, I researched various different artists and chose my unsigned artist. We used Spotify to find our unsigned artist and was then free to create our own music video to match the genre of the song we chose. We also used YouTube and survey monkey to gather feedback of our rough cut so that we could further improve. Twitter and instagram was also used in A2 to gather information about her target audience so that we could gather a profile of her target audience so we knew what to include in our music video.

Looking back at my AS work it is clear that I didn't use an extensive amount of digital technology to its full potential. I used final cut, Prezi and blogger to present our work. This is because it was my first time in creating my own video and we had a genre convention to follow and not break. We used basic digital technology in As to make the video, in comparison to our A2 work we used a wider range of digital technology such as Wix to create the website, Photoshop to create our digipak and final cut pro/after effects to piece together our music video. For example I used an overlay effect in final cut to create a cloning effect of our main character to create a dreaming illusion. This was done using final cut, this shows a more productive and professional use of final cut in comparison to AS where we just put the different clips together.

No comments:

Post a Comment